What to Cook?
Well, I’ve done the shopping and my fridge is fully packed with fresh meats, fruits and vegetables. So now its time to start cooking some fantastic Paleo food! The problem is… I have no idea what to cook?
I pulled these ingredients out and put them on the bench. It included lean minced beef, carrots, onions, cauliflower, pumpkin, onions, garlic and sweet potato. I stared blankly at each of these ingredients for a while. They were all different colours and textures. I tried to think of creative ways to use the ingredients to come up with something fantastic to eat.
After 10 minutes of staring at these ingredients without a cooking idea or any clue for what to cook, I knew it was time – time to go straight to my computer Google!
I found some fantastic Paleo blogs and web sites with recipes and ideas. So I thought that I would share my top 5:
1. Paleo Diet Lifestyle – Paleo Tips and Recipes : is an informative website with lots of factual information as well as book reviews about the Paleo Diet. I especially like the article Paleo 101 which outlines the 15 Rules of Paleo.
2. I also enjoyed reading Tanja’s Paleo Food Blog, not just because of her amazing recipes or the fact that she is a fellow Aussie but because I like her style.
3. Nom Nom’s Paleo Food Porn has some great pics and recipes – it makes me hungry just scrolling down the blog pages.
4. I must include My Paleo Kitchen on my recommendations list because I used the Fat Guacamole Devil Egg Recipe the on Day 89 for my Family Dinner Party.
5. For those moments when I no longer feel like cooking here is a website where Paleo Snacks can be purchased – Paleo Snacks Stone Age Eating for Modern Times
No doubt there are plenty of other Paleo blogs and recipe guides out there so if you know of one please share the link with me! Or if you are a Paleo blogger yourself connect with my on twitter @paleo90days I would love to hear from you.