I’m about to begin my teaching internship and I plan to be on prac for the next 2 months. Im super excited that I finally have the chance to complete my university degree… but I have no idea what Im going to wear!
For the last 16 years, I have worked the same job and I wear the same uniform every day: black shoes, black pants, black shirt. I never deviated from this style and my wardrobe is very basic. This will be a great opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and start playing with some new fashion styles.
The Teacher Outfit Challenge
I have set myself a challenge (yes, another challenge) to wear something new every day. I want to try to create a new look for each day of my teaching prac. 2 months of teaching, for 5 days a week is about 40 different outfits. It’s not going to be easy, but I think it will be heaps of fun!
Here are some of the teacher style ideas that I have been collecting on my Pinterest Board:
Rules For The Teacher Outfit Challenge:
- Do not wear the exact same outfit (head to toe) twice.
- Use wardrobe items to mix and match styles (you can wear individual pieces as many times as you like).
- Do not wear jeans.
- Keep it conservative – no underarms showing!
- Be practical – high heels may look great but flats are much easier to walk in.
- Take a photo of each outfit and post it here on the blog or on Facebook or Instagram, or wherever you think is best for that day.
- Use colour – don’t just wear black all the time.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. This is your chance to experiment with new looks and styles.
- Don’t spend too much money! There is no need to buy expensive suits and brand named items. In fact, if you score a good bargain then you will have bragging rights.
- Don’t tell your students about your challenge or about this blog post. Let’s keep it professional at school and private here on the blog.
Im going to look for other bloggers who are teachers with a good sense of style!