Until now, I haven’t had a chance to stop and reflect on all the crazy, amazing, chaotic, exciting things that have been happening…
2013 was a big year. We achieved so much, but at the same time we were faced with a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. Some things were really great and other things were really crap. Just like being on a roller coaster, I felt like life had locked us in for a crazy ride and the belt was so tight that we couldn’t jump out. At times our world was upside down and at the end of the ride all I felt like doing was puking. Even though it was, at times scary, I can look back on the last 12 months with some great memories, a sense of achievement and a big smile stuck on my face because of all the fun we had.
Here is a short list of some of the Roller Coaster fun we had:
- I launched the Greek Wedding Shop and started to turn my blog in to a business.
- Then I lost my blog (cry).
- The Greek Weddings Blog moved to a new domain: www.greekweddingtraditions.com and slowly I am starting to rebuild my brand.
- My husband bought a new truck and business started to kick off
- Then, he broke his foot playing soccer (cry)
- We booked tickets to go overseas and travel to Singapore, Vietnam & Cambodia – and I had tickets to what would have been my first ever Metallica concert \m/
- Then, we had to cancel our holidays and we didn’t get to see Metallica 🙁
- My husband decided to compete in a Body Building Competition – but now, due to his broken foot and major surgery the goal will be postponed until 2015. Good news for me! Because I am happy to delay the idea of being a Body Builder’s Wife until then.
- I attended some amazing events and met some very inspiring people throughout the year including Darren Rowse from ProBlogger at the PBEvent; Jacqui Toumbas and Fr Themi from PK4A who are raising money and helping to feed children and build schools in Africa; Rajashree Choudhury – Bikram’s Wife and teacher of Pregnancy Yoga; Mary Coustas AKA Effie from Acropolis Now at her show – A Date with Effie; John Lazarou & Carolyn McManus at The Coffee Club Charity Ball; and Peter Pappamanolis a very talented artist who created a beautiful butterfly for me.
- I decided that, one day, I will teach Bikram yoga.
- I finished the last of my uni subjects and I’m now set to complete my final internship.
- We were honored to be Koumbari for John & Anna on their wedding day and we organised some exciting events with them like the Kitchen Tea, the Hens Night and the Buck’s Night.
- I decided to create a New Years Resolution for 2014 and learn how to cook Greek Food. You can join me here: Sign Up to the Greek Cooking Challenge
- We renovated our house and bought some new furniture
- We entertained and met some relatives from overseas
- I started a family tree on myheritage.com
- Many of our friends shared exciting news of pregnancies and the birth of new babies
- However, we are still figuring out our way through IVF and our “Baby Body Challenge“.
- A baby for us, is still a challenge.
- And… finally, did I mention that I turned 30?
The Roller Coaster Ride is now Finished (I hope).
Happy New Year Everyone!