The lovely Denise Duffield-Thomas from LuckyBitch.com has just shared an “End Of Year Ritual” to finish off the year with a bang.
She asks us to write a list of things of about 50 things that you are proud of such as:
- Business accomplishments
- Tricky situations that you dealt with
- Boundaries you enforced
- Goals you hit
- Personal accomplishments
She also said to do this exercise with a partner. I thought that I might share my list here on the blog instead.
Previous End Of Year Reflections
In fact, I have written something similar for the last few years so this is a nice structured carry on to continue my own end of year ritual. Here is a link to what I posted in previous years:
What I Am Proud Of In 2016
2016 has been a good year to me. It has been a lot of hard work but I hope that I have set some good foundations for the future and for a strong 2017.
Here is my “what I’m proud of” list for 2016:
- I’m pregnant again – with baby number 2 due in March 2017.
- We celebrated my little boys’ christening in January
- and his 1st birthday in May
- I wanted to breastfeed by baby boy for at least 1 year. I did that and now at 19 months he is still breastfeeding on a daily basis. (Although, now I want him to stop before #2 comes along and he wont lol).
- I started a new business – Fayi: Greek Food Converted For Thermomix
- and published 2 ebooks / cookbooks: Mezze & the Fayi Christmas Collection
- As a result, I ticked off one of my major goals for 2016 which was to create a downloadable product.
- Updated the website themes for both the Greek Wedding Shop & the Greek Weddings Blog – which is something that I have wanted to do for ages.
- Changed all of my websites so that they are now “self-hosted” including my personal blog – it now has a new domain name: www.siasplace.com.
- Started using leadpages and created effective Facebook ads.
- Built a few websites for other people/businesses.
- Coached a handful of new clients – small business owners – to achieve their financial goals and to develop online marketing strategies.
- Was interviewed on 2 podcasts – The Cheeeeesy Podcast & The 4 Blades Podcast
- Travelled to Bali for my birthday/babymoon with my husband and 1.5 year old.
- Managed to survive the plane ride to Bali with my 1.5 year old!
- Paid off a final big credit card which has enabled us to be almost debt free.
- Attempted to meal plan – I did 2-3 weeks successfully!
- Sold 10 Thermomix machines to new clients (without actively trying to perform demos etc)
- Performed my first recipe demonstration at a Thermomix Cooking Class – which is a go getters step.
- Hosted a cooking demonstration at the Paniyiri Festival in Brisbane – for Fayi Cookbooks
- Hosted a cooking class at OPA-cize in Brisbane – for Fayi Cookbooks
- Turned off all the notifications from my mobile phone – life changing!
- Unsubscribed to almost every mailing list that I am on, except for those which I am truely interested in reading/following. My inbox is so much cleaner now and much easier to manage.
- Did two short term contracts as a teacher at local high schools – teaching hospitality, tourism & business.
- Taught my son how to use an ipad/iphone (although Im not actually sure if i’m truely proud of that)
- Wow I’m only half way… this is really hard how will I get to 50? I should add writing this list to the list.
- Attended the Problogger Event for the 5th year in a row.
- Joined the Grace Leaver Doing Academy
- and worked through the Identity Project (mostly)
- Took my son to Gymboree almost every week throughout the year – missing only days when he was sick or when we were in Bali.
- Added photos of my son to TinyBeans almost every single day since he was born
- My God Daughter turned 18 this year. It’s not really anything that I did specifically but I’m very proud of her and all that she has achieved.
- I developed a few new friendship with people who have very similar interests to me.
- I cooked… A LOT… much more than normal. Mostly testing for the book. However I hate cooking and I’m really bad at it so I’m proud of firstly the fact that I cooked as much as I did.
- And secondly, I’m proud of the fact that I created a cookbook in the first place when I’m so horrible at cooking lol.
- The blog post: 30 products to buy before baby is born was my most viewed blog post in 2016 for this blog.
- I loved the moments when my husband and I took our little boy to the park for play days.
- Became an aunty to a beautiful baby girl
- + my sister is pregnant and I will soon be an aunty to another baby girl
- Dedicated a “finance day” once a quarter to catch up on all bookwork for all of our businesses.
- Got rid of a lot of subscriptions that I wasn’t using. E.g Freshbooks – I now just create my own invoices and do a manual system. It might be more time consuming but I saved a ton of money by doing this.
- We watched suits on netflicks from start to finish
- and Orange is the New Black
- and the Crown
- and Mickey Mouse Christmas and Toy Story (about 100 times each)
- Established some routine in my week and carved out space and time for “work”. This was only possible because my mum offered to babysit my little boy consistently on the same day every week.
- Read at least one book to my son – every single day.
- Started scheduling social media posts using grum on Instagram.
- Hosted my first webinar
- Sold almost 1000 cookbooks
It was really hard to get to 50 but I did it yay!
Lots of achievements this year and lots to be proud of. I am very excited for 2017. Mainly because I can’t wait to meet our little one (baby #2) but also because we have some exciting new goals to kick.
How did you go with your list? I’d love to know how your year was – share a link in the comments if you posted the list to your own blog.